Sunday, April 6, 2014

Egypt's Golden Years in 23 Photos


Take a look at the photos in the link below, make sure to read the English introduction and the caption for each photo.


The Egypt in above photos is no longer.  That Egypt was when Egypt de facto enjoyed a separation of mosque and state, I know, I was there, some of my family members and my close friends were devout Muslims, Christians, Jews, ethnicity mattered little, religion did not enter into our daily lives at school, home, neighborhood, clubs, anywhere I roamed, even in villages like where I was born Kom El Noor.  I felt at home, comfortable and welcome with all, believers and not so much believers.

Those were the days my friend, I strongly believe that there is no, zero, nada, nil, null, zilch chance of them returning.  The Egypt in these 23 photos will not come back unless and until Egypt rids itself of Islamists, put them all on boats and ship them across the Red Sea to Qatar, or if they prefer Saudi Arabia so be it.

Looking at these photos brought back
 wonderful memories, this indeed is the Egypt I remember
 , the Egypt I greatly miss and will never forget...
Egypt had class then, well on its way to be a contender, to be somebody...
 (
Marlon Brando:
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QsNXd57Ppw
 )

Hussein