As we witness this historic time in human history, we need to keep in mind that;
- This is the end of the beginning of the revolution of the Egyptian people,
- Transition to the future must be irreversible,
- Upcoming elections must offer multiple and thoroughly credible candidates
- Government following elections must be of competent, hard-working and people dedicated to serve Egypt,
- The path of democracy for Egypt must provide the Egyptian people with peace, freedom, the rule of law, and a life of honor, dignity and ever-improving standard of living, for ALL the Egyptian people
- Egypt's place is without a question among nations of the modern world, where people of all walks of life, religion, ethnicity, origin, race, any person in the world, can if they wish, lead a safe and productive life in Egypt, a life where she/he feels completely and utterly equal to everyone else, and the freedom to live as they choose.
- President Obama, who will speak in few minutes, must say that the US is and always will be on the side of the Egyptian people and never again will the US support an authoritarian regime in Egypt, or anywhere else for that matter.
Now, I say it again, I am neither a naive or an unrealistic person, but I believe in hope and positive thinking. Let us remember that a democratic, strong and stable Egypt is essential not only for the Middle East but I firmly contend for the whole world.
I am for a long time to come in total disbelief that I lived to see this day, in shock actually, a gigantic dream of mine has come true.
Long Live Egypt.
Hussein
© Dr Hussein A Amin 2011