Saturday, April 2, 2016

Bertrand Russell & the feedback re "A tale of two Egypts, Women of Egypt with Nasser then and Sissi now"



In conjunction with below email I sent couple of days ago, I share with you a short 3-minute interview (Arabic subtitled) with Bertrand Russell that is very pertinent to what is going on in Egypt as we speak.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8Io7FY3OlU&app=desktop

I think Sissi should contract Mr. Russell to head the Egyptian government for 5 years, and task him to overcome the brainwashing of the masses of Egypt, inflicted upon them since Sadat's years, from the glop and slime of Wahhabism, Salafism and Brotherhoodism and instead instill critical thinking, yearning to know and be informed and the desire lo live life to the fullest.  It is real unfortunate though that Mr. Russell passed away in 1970!

I also share with you the feedback I received to date, each dark bullet is a different human.
  • "You can't even see one of the women's eyes at all - on the right. Sad."
  • "Well, that sucks."
  • "Gross!"
  • "Standing to the right of Sisi is my colleague of 10 years, the Minister of Solidarity, the beautiful Ghada Waly: quite a lady!"
  • "Dear Hussein:  To an extent, I can say the same thing about my former home land, India.
    ​  
    Its people, prided themselves to the hilt about the glory days of the past -- its Indus Valley civilization, its philosophers, its values, its achievements, etc -- and they refused to lift their heads out of the sand; and thus never progressed and kept pace with the rest of the world.
    ​  
    Until now, thanks to technology and globalization. These opened their eyes and minds to change, to innovation and to adapt and accept contrary ideas and democratic views.
    ​"
  • "Well said, Hussein!
    ​  
    In solidarity"
  • "
    ​Quite
     a contrast, I agree!
    ​"
  • "Unfortunately this is how we are. MB have done a good job. We women  ought to be obese and miserable. Then we might have the chance to be elected best mother ..."
  • "Vraiment déprimant !!"
  • "As you may know,I came back to Egypt some 5 years ago,after living abroad for more than forty years mainly in Europe,working for the UN).That was in 2011,and I thought at first that my flight has landed in Ryadh! Having lived in my "real" country,since my birth (almost,but not quite) 80 years ago,I wanted to cry.Our country is under the spell of some kind of collective  hysteria,overwhelmed by an irresitble wave of Wahabism AND Salafism,blowing all the way from Saudi Arabia.The people I come across in Egypt now CANNOT be Egyptians! the only feature that could make one think they are,is the Egyptian dialect!!!I am terribly sad and I feel desperate.Beware...you can't even critisize that state of affairs now (look at what happened to Islam Behery,sentenced to one year in jail, Fatma Naoot,etc...NOW...are you really serious when you tell everybody "Please come over to invest here in this very friendly and prosperous climate.Do you  really expect anybody to believe you.Are you  really serious when you invite tourists to visit our UNIQUE country, under these conditions?!!I worked for both Presidents Nasser and Sadat.(incidentally it was under Sadat's rule that we first heard of that "diffamation thing".. I know unfortunately that I won't live long enough to see the beautiful country that I once knew in my better years...IT'S SO TERRIBLY SAD..."
  • "Thanks Hussein.
    ​  
    Could not stop the editor, see below.
    ​  ​
    Loved the pics,
    ​ 
    Happy Easter & Wester
    ​.
    • Same country? Different people in only 60 years! Changed race in 1800 years?
    • Egypt today
      ​ ​
      is on its way to the bottom of all nations, by all civilization standards: health, housing, education, justice, income; and safety of food, water, sanitation, traffic …not to touch on equality, respect, or status of women.
    • Simple and visible summary indicator of Egypt in 2016 is the photo of Sisi surrounded by?? vs. Nasser in 1956 – some 60 years earlier!
    • Historians and anthropologists conclude that the ancient Egyptian civilization had vanished: the country location stayed, and the people were replaced by??? Isis is continuing that same pursuit for societal and civilization change elsewhere.
    • Since its unification around 3100 B.C. to its conquest by Alexander the Great in 332 B.C. Egypt stayed as a preeminent civilization in the Mediterranean world.
    • That success came partly from its ability to adapt to the conditions of the Nile for agriculture and life, and to create a learned, harmonious, and peaceful and organized society.
    • Future success may not be a matter of course: from the Dark Ages that started with Christianity and became permanent with Islam; coupled with the fact that the Nile is under attack in terms of water quantity and quality, can only leave Egypt's government, institutions, businesses, judiciary, parliament, and people to look like the type crowded around Sisi – see the photo one more time! It is a better picture than reality."

Hussein

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hussein Amin <hussein.cairo@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 4:05 PM
Subject: A tale of two Egypts, Women of Egypt with Nasser then and Sissi now
To:



Same country, different people in only 50 years!!!
​  
Egypt 
​today​
 is definitely on its way to the summit of nations.  If it were not ridiculously outrageous and moronic that this is what 
​people​ (men are as culprit in this regard as women)
 in Egypt consider 
​meaningful​
 and holy, I would cry myself to death!
​  Real sad and quite alarming that Sissi had the nerves and vision to stand for such a rubbish of a photo, what a 
leader
!!

This
​ ​
should
​ ​
give us a clue on how the
​ ​
ancient Egyptian civilization vanished: same country, different people.
​  ​
It is
​ ​
noteworthy to point out that
​ f
or almost 30 centuries—from its unification around 3100 B.C. to its conquest by Alexander
​ ​
the Great in 332 B.C.—ancient Egypt was the preeminent civilization in the Mediterranean world.
​  
The success of
​ ​
ancient Egyptian civilization came partly from its ability to 
​​
adapt
 to the conditions of the Nile River valley for agriculture.

​For future success, I would say that in Egypt, government, institutions, businesses, judiciary, parliament, and people alike, all should 
adapt
 to the modern world and its well-documented requirements.

Hussein​


--
Nature, what wonder, what cosmic awe, what precise laws, such harmony in its beauty and complexity, an endless experiment, we understand some of this "ultimate divine", we may never comprehend all, we should never stop trying.  me